Friday, December 18, 2009

Neighbor Gifts

I loved this idea when I saw it last year. It's personalized hand soap! The message actually goes inside the bottle. I can't remember exactly where I saw it. Anyway, they have been the best neighbors/best bud gifts ever. Teachers love them for their classroom too. So, want to know how to make 'em?

Here goes...
Step 1: Find a cheap clear soap. Walmart has them for 98 cents.

Step 2: Remove the label. These ones have a label that is actually removable on the front. The back one is another story...it comes off but leaves the sticky stuff, not cute!

Step 3: Use this to get the sticky off. I just used a ton of paper towels so I could just throw them away. Be sure to do it outside it is so smelly!

Step 4: Get on your computer and print out onto paper whatever you want to put inside. I made a few practice ones and checked to see if they would fit by holding them next to the bottle. Then we purchased some transparencies from a print center and had them copied onto the transparency. I tried printing them on my home printer but it does not work. It smears. You need to have it photo copied. After you have them printed cut them into little squares and roll them into the soap like a message in a bottle. They pop right opened and you can use the pump to push it to the front. EASY!




Step 5: On my computer I made a little saying. It said,"Hope your holiday season "BUBBLES" over with Joy!" Then I got some extra Christmas cards that I didn't use this year and cut them by hand into a tag shape. I inked the edges with my green ink pad, slapped the saying on the back, punched a hole, added a couple of cute ribbons, tied it to the bottle and DONE!



Aren't they SUITE?

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea!! Thank you for grabbing my button too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! How fun would it be for a newly-wed couple or people moving into a new home? You always forget about the simple things like soap and toilet paper... haha! Thanks for checking out my blog today! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny another fine idea! Thanks!!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled on your blog and WOW girl you are so creative. I love these gifts and now I feel the need to go find a rusty bucket also.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOO doing this. Just a FYI, you can buy transparency paper that is specific to laser or ink jet printers. I learned this the hard way my first year of teaching...I printed an entire lesson on transparencies to show during an evaluation....they all SMEARED! I was quickly shown the printer friendly ones. I am going to try them and see how they go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! A friend and I are set to make 22 tomorrow for friends & family! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite