Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Farm Fence Clock

So the fence isn't a farm fence. We removed part of ours for our home addition to be finished. I reassembled it and went to work. I got this idea from the super talented girls over at Alchemy Junk. Here is what I did.
Took my fence piece and cleaned it up.

Then I watered down some cream acrylic paint and white washed the whole thing.

Next, I made a compass with a nail and a piece of string. I used a small paint brush instead of a pencil.

I then went back over it with a thicker paint brush.

My awesome neighbor let be borrow her cricut and I cut out an I,V,and X and used them as stencils. I used watered down black paint.

Here she is with all her numbers...

Then I sanded her down. All around the edges, each number and the circle to tone down the black.

Now she needed a little rusting. I combined red, yellow and brown paint with a little water and rubbed it over all the holes.


And here she is in all of her fabulousness!



Can't you just hear the roosters crowin? I love this...don't you? Thanks to the girlies over at .....Alchemy Junk. I'm linking up to Shanty2Chic's Party
And also:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Go check out all the great people who have linked up.

29 comments:

  1. Love This - I have seen these on a few blogs and I can't wait to do one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thats beautiful! I love the white wash and your choice of font for the numbers (err, letters). It put just the right touch on it to make it uniquely yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is fab!! your tutorial is great and i love your finished clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project and your blog.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE this! So different from any thing else...just BEAUTIFUL! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL! You did an amazing job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is delish! I Love old barn wood (or anything like unto it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I love how that turned out. I heart vintage shabby stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out great. They sell giant clock hands at Michaels & on Ebay if you wanted to make it a real clock. I've got one over my mantle (you can see it on my blog). Thanks for sharing it at the Power of Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I'll have to pass this onto a friend that has several old fence boards laying around. She will love this idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not seen this anywhere-I love it! You did a great job!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You clock gals are killing me. I thought I'd be the first to try this and I haven't even found my wood yet! :) Love your version!

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is awesome! That is the coolest one that I have seen! Makes me want to go tear some fences down!

    Kelly @ www.makeitsparklymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project! Now I have to start looking for a fence!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of materials that you already had. I'm loving it!
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your version with the fence section! I bought a piece of knotty plywood for mine...haven't started it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love LOVE your blog. First time I came here and have to say love at first sight. Have to become a reader, so I can come visit more often!

    Greetings from Finland!
    - Jaana

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a very cute idea! I love it! I also wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. I'm now a follower, I can't wait to see what else I can learn from you.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Come link your cute tute at my party: Thursday's Treasures!!
    http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/02/thursdays-treasures-week-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. You Go Girl!!!! your hubby Linc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite