Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ruffles in PINK

Okay, so I promised I would update you on what I was doing with the extra curtains panels. HERE I AM! I am so excited to share. My first project was this lamp that I found at a local thrift store. The price tag said $2.00. Guess what...I went on "end of the month half price day"! SWEET! My lamp ended up being only $1.00. WOOOHOO! I know she isn't totally fabulous, but she will be after a spray of black paint.




Great, right?! I'm loving it already. Now the shade. I found it for $5.00. I wasn't fond of the color.
No problem! I found an idea I loved HERE. This is where the curtains come in. I cut part of it into strips and sewed them into little ruffled peices...so CUTE! Then with my handy glue gun I went around the lamp until it was all covered. EZ!
All DONE! I added a couple of rosettes that I made for some blingy! Here she is Light ON and Light OFF! I love how fun it was to make. It was cheap too! 6 BUCKS, BABY!

Beyond The Picket Fence

6 comments:

  1. Thinking outside of the box!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went all out, I had my doubts along the way, but you were right. It turned out great!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love the idea.
    Bon @ Drab to Fab
    www.gorgfabgoodies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM goodness--I will have to be doing this for my daughter's lamp shade--so cute and chic. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! I love it! I wanted to tell you about my SIMPLE GIVEAWAY...Come by and sign up! Meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is one adorable lamp. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite