Tuesday, July 27, 2010

All Made Of Hinges!

*UPDATE: IF YOU LOVE MY HINGES PROJECT GO VOTE FOR ME(Here) PRETTY PLEASE...I'M PROJECT #5, THANKS!*Voting ends Aug. 6th!

Isn't this fun? I think it is.
Hence the fun title. One of my friends was just called as Primary Chorister and she boogied down as she taught the kids the song "I Am All Made Of Hinges". IT WAS AWESOME! I laughed as this title popped into my head! I thought of her...GO JEN! You are so made of hinges!
So is my project. I found these on our old french doors that are about to be reincarnated! I always need an extra piece of paper for all the crazy lists I write. This is PERFECT! Here is what you need:


1. 2 hinges with holes drilled bigger and painted with ORB.

2. A suite man to drill the holes bigger...thanks SWEETIE!

3. An old tray painted and decoupaged with cute paper.

4. Tie the hinge with some ribbon or twine so it makes a 90* angle to hold your pencils.

5. Screw the hinge onto the tray.
6.Find some old chewed pencils tie ribbon around them so they don't fall all the way through the hole.

7. Attach the other hinge below the pencils. Slip a small magnet inside so the hinge closes tight on itself. Add some paper.
8. Top it with some vinyl.
Here she is again. Let me know what you think.

I'm off to find a place to hang it! Thanks for stopping by! Have a SUITE day;)

Linking up here:




20 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Oh my gosh I love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling!!! I heart it :)

    LaKeta

    1luckeegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I love new hardware inspired crafty ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely got "it" back! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO creative! It turned out GREAT!

    Thanks for linking up to the Iron Crafter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The magnet so hinge closes to itself is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea, Jennie! It's SO adorable! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! What a clever use of hinges. I love how they add a rustic effect to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a note to say "I love it" Great job!
    Thanks for stopping by my site too~
    Amie
    Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen-This is darling!! I would have never thought to do this! Ever! I am thinking that this would be a fun idea to do with friends. Everybody needs one of these!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS-these would be so perfect for our mini super saturday. I am the E leader in our ward and I hate super saturday-but I am thinking a mini one would be fun and these would be darling!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very inventive and creative. I'm thinking my teenage boys would dig a variation of this behind their desks.
    Thanks for sharing your idea. Just love learning from other people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made the top 10 in the Iron Crafter!

    Check it out here: http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2008/03/iron-crafterknobshinges-top-10-i-mean.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course, you would come up with something so creative! This is awesome! I'm loving it! I will feature this tomorrow at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling idea. I think everyone will want to make one. Thanks for sharing.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just adorable! It is a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How clever and creative! I would never in a million years looked at a hinge and thought...hmmm...pencil/note holder. It turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a fabulous idea - you were clearly thinking outside the box on this one - I love it!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite