Friday, August 6, 2010

What's For DINNER?

I don't know about the rest of you, but the "What's for Dinner?" question drives me crazy! It's quite the popular question around here. We just had breakfast and they want to know what we are having for dinner! SERIOUSLY? I think I've come up with the perfect solution. A MENU BOARD! I know...not the newest idea out there. I still had a lot of fun making mine! Here's how I did it.
First I mooched this fun sign off my brother. He said he would ask for it back if he needed it. I warned him, "I'm revamping it!" I have his okay...so here we go!

I pulled everything off of it...EKKKKK! Sorry Char!

I spray painted the frame with Rustoleum Ivory. I forgot to get a picture, I also spray painted the middle with Rustoleum Chalk Board paint. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I had this frame from a DI pile from my Dad. I painted it Ivory too.

I removed the pretty picture from the center..hehe! Then used it as a template to cut out some cute scrapbook paper.

I stuck it in the frame and cut out my "MENU" with my cricut.

Then, I whipped out my handy dandy gorilla glue (i love this stuff too!) and glued it to the top of the sign.

After sanding down some of the edges of my frames and waiting for my glue to dry I added some eye hooks.

And some ribbon. That's it.

Here it is all finished.

And, here it is at kids eye level on the fridge. Oh, NO! I knew I forgot something when I left the store...SHOOT! I forgot to get CHALK! Looks like I'm heading out again.
Thanks for being here! Hope you have a great weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite