Monday, September 13, 2010

{Suite ZONEd Kitchen}


I'm back...HEYyyy! I have been workin' hard gettin' things under control around "The Suite". The first project I want to share with you girlies is my kitchen. Why? Because, our kitchen is usually the first place that gets trashed and the last place I want to be after it's been trashed:) AHHHH! Then, I don't know if you noticed this at your house, the rest of the house falls into pieces? WE SO CANNOT HAVE THAT HAPPIN'!

I have heard many times that the kitchen functions much better when broken up into zones(been there done that:)) My problem was nothing was in it's proper zone. BAD...I KNOW! I decided to tackle my biggest problem zone yet, {My Baking Zone}. DUN, DUN, DUUUUUN!



This cupboard was pretty much empty. (side note: we don't have a pantry in our loverly kitchen. All our food and larger food items are stored in a different location of the house. Crazy, I know! WE DO HAVE FOOD! Time to put these kitchen cupboards to good use!)

Here's what I did:

I upcycled a few of those old jars that were in the cupboard by painting lids black and labeling them with vinyl. I filled these with dry goods that I'm always in need of when baking.




I even threw a label on my big jars that I already had. CUTE, right?


I stocked up on baskets from 99 cent store. Painted them black. Purchased a few small frames to add to the baskets as labels. One basket has all my baking spices and the other has all my sprinkles and cupcake stuff.






Next, I cleared out a drawer and added an organizer to it. I filled it with all of our measuring stuff.


Then I organized a bottom cabinet so I can have all my baking dishes and pan in one spot. Oh, and I was able to slide in my little mixer so I have extra counter space now too.
ALL DONE! I now have a FABULOUS {Baking Zone}. Do a little dance with me...WHOOT, WHOOT! I've already been "in the zone" a few times. It is so much more functional and I know exactly where everything is. LOVE IT!




I'm on my way to finish up some of our other zones, I'll be back!

14 comments:

  1. Those look great. I need to make my pantry better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the repurposed jars with labels. When I redo my pantry I think I'll borrow that little idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come cook at your house... it is pretty, and clean, and neat... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, it looks really great! If I thought I could keep it this way I might try it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need a good friend to come do my pantry...hint, hint! Glad Jennie got her groove back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so organized and very thrift at that. Thanks for you opinion on my friends mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks so wonderful and organized! I actually spent the better part of the afternoon reorganizing my pantry - I gotta say, it was well worth it - I kinda just want to sit in there now!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great...great job of repurposing your jars. The idea of zones works beautiful in a kitchen where their is no pantry...it makes it easier for kids when they have kitchen duty..they know everything has a place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!

    Kitchen Cupboards

    ReplyDelete
  10. <--- your newest follower

    Jennie, I am in -*LOVE*- with your jars and labels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE the way you repurposed old jars. I have done that with things like sewing notions, scrapbook accessories, etc. But never thought of using them for baking ingredients! Can't wait to try it & make my pantry look organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it..I just spent this afternoon organizing the baking zone as we are approaching the busy baking season.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. With your inspiration I created some of my own. Go check them out, along with a TON of other CHALKBOARD PAINT ideas on my recent blog post! I also linked you to my post!

    http://sustainablychicdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/09/chalk-board-paint-projects-some.html

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite