Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My {Super Saturday} Craft


A couple of my besties are currently on the Relief Society Meeting board in our ward at church. Lucky me, they read my blog and know how craft CrAZy I am! Well, they have asked me to teach the ladies at church how to make one of these babies at our next Super Saturday.

Photo Courtesy of: (Lil' Luna)
I put a little spin on the original version and here's what I came up with.


This was super easy to do. I used a 2X6 and cut off a 5.5 inch piece. So the wood ends up being a 5.5 X 5.5 block.
After sanding it, I gave it a coat of black craft paint.

Now for the picture. I have a friend who has some mean photo taking skills who let me use her picture! THANKS PENNI! YAY!
I used my photo editing program and made the picture look a little old and fancy. Then found an old font and added my little saying.
I had a 5 X 7 printed and cropped it so it measured about 5 x 5. I pulled out my sandpaper and sanded the edges of the photo and the block.
I then just decoupaged it onto the wood and add a drawer pull and scraps of fabric. I'm hoping they like it! Thanks for being here. Now for some more pictures of my little pretty!



SmOoCheS!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love it so much. I would totally make that at a Super Saturday.

    Do you use photoshop to edit your temple picture? Is it an action that you use to give it an old look? Would you mind sharing it? TIA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! The first one makes me miss the Mesa Temple! I used to drive by it everyday. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! You did such a terrific job...of course. I am sooo making one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo I love it!! I hope I can be there so I can make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it with the handle on top! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute for a Super Saturday craft! Thanks for sharing how you did it!
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is amazing! I really wish whoever was in charge of our rs "meetings" would be as awesome as you are! As far as I know, we aren't even having a super sat! Boo! I love living vicariously (spell?) through you and maybe someday I will get my stuff together and be able to just make this on my own!! Thank you!
    -Emily@emilysleftovers

    ReplyDelete
  8. That has got to be the cutest, most original idea I have ever seen...and I have seen a lot! How awesome to put a pic of where you WANT to go :) Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite