Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BLOGGERS...we have a problem!

I should have really said, "I" have a problem! It's not THAT serious. OKAY, it is serious! If you know me, you know I have this AWFUL obsession with Peanut Butter and Chocolate.




OH YEAH! My friends all know I would be totally happy with a HUGE jar of PB and a LARGE bag of chocolate chips, any day. NO KIDDING! I even had one of my friends husbands smother a brownie with PB just cause he KNOWS it's a total sin to give me chocolate WITHOUT the PB. SEEEEEE, I DO have a serious problem. I'm totally DROOLING just thinking about it! OKAY, SO, I found two of the yummiest cookie recipes EVER! I ate a whole pan of each kind just to make sure they were worthy of posting. (Hey, I workout hard, I totally deserved them ALL, right?! Tell my stomach ache that! OH MAN! BAD, BAD JENNIE!)

You all have seen these. Peanut Butter Blossoms. I found the PB hearts at Dollar Tree of course. OH. SO. FABULOUSLY YUMMY! I found this recipe from How Sweet It Is.



Peanut Butter Blossoms
makes approximately 48 cookies

2 sticks butter, softened

1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons milk

1/2 cup sugar, for rolling

2 bags PB Hearts or REESES EVEN BETTER! (you only need ~48), unwrapped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add sugars and cream for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Stir in vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt, just mixing until combined, then add in milk. Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.

Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Lay on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake at 375 for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and push Kiss down into the middle of each cookie. Return to oven and bake for 2 1/2 more minutes. Remove and let cool completely.

Okay, so one more recipe. The recipe and cute picture are from Confessions of a Cookbook. YUMMO!



Heart Shaped PB Chocolate Sandwich Cookies!

INGREDIENTS


1 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 375.


In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream shortening, peanut butter, and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until blended.


In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add slowly to the butter mixture and mix on medium speed until completely combined.


Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness with a fork (right after this step, I cut my cookies with a small heart cookie cutter and threw excess cookie dough back in the bowl). Sprinkle cookies with sugar and bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges turn golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.

* I used a can of chocolate frosting and I put it in a bag and piped it onto a cookie them topped it with another cookie. YUM!

I think I gained about 50 lbs. just typing up this darn post! NOW, whose gonna join me in the PB and CHOCOLATE MADNESS? Let me know! That way I wont feel SOOOOOO ALOOONEE! ENJOY!

11 comments:

  1. hehehe I was totally expecting to read "I cut my cookies with a small heart cookie cutter and threw excess cookie dough back in my mouth..." See? You have more control than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISS S'MEE, how the stink did you know? You gotta make sure the cookies are good before you bake 'em too! SO BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those heart cookies were really yummy. I'm glad I grabbed one before my husband gobbled them all up! And PB and chocolate should be the base of the food pyramid. YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great....now I want peanut butter and chocolate. Yummy sandwich: peanut butter and nutella on toasted bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How am I suppose to be healthy when you are encouraging me to make cookies- my favorite dessert! I am going to make the reeses cookies. YUM! But I am going to wait for a good excuse so I don't eat ALL 48 by myself! Thanks for posting. I love new treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that it takes great sacrifice on your part to go to the extent to taste every brownie made by each recipe. Talk about dedication! Too bad I am not a PB lover-but I still apprecaite the effort made :)
    Ps-you should probably change your name if you ever want to win anything on my blog.. :)
    Hopefully I will be out of this drug fog soon and I can post the $50 dollar giveaways! They are awesome! I will make sure that the winners names only start with the letter J :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like trouble for a pregnant lady here! My doctor isn't going to like me very much next visit. I am going to blame it all on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your blog... so I awarded you the stylish blogger award. Check out my blog for details... Vicki

    http://greeneyedgirlcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love chocolate and peanut butter too. Truly a match made in heaven :-) Thanks so much for your encouraging words Jennie, you are such a dear! Hoping your Tuesday is going really well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the SAME problem! These look delicious!! xoxo-
    Jamielyn
    I ♥ Nap Time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite