Friday, May 13, 2011

Earth Day ( Never too late! )


I wrote this post for Earth Day. I'm not THAT late am I? Okay, so WHATEVER! I'm posting it today, get over it...chuckles! LOVE YA!

I have the hardest time getting rid of any of my boys' old shirts. I know, I'm a total pack rat! Each shirt is passed down to the next boy until it has lived a life full of mud, ketchup and chocolate and is FULL of little boy memories. Sniff, sniff...How do you let those memories go?!



*{HOARDER ALERT}*

Am I the ONLY one out there who has this problem? COME ON PEOPLE...work with me here!

I found a solution just in case I'm NOT the only one with this very same problem.

Make a quilt or two or three...or better yet, one for each kid!



This is the quilt set I made out of old shirt and school pants for my Little Man's bed. He LOVES it! I LOVE IT! I get to see him all curled up in happy memories with his little smile peeking out the top. THE BEST!



Another awesome thing, I didn't have to throw away our nasty old shirts or pants. We LOVE our planet:)




I get to check yet another little thing off my darn list that is WAY too long of things to do {How'd you like that run on sentence?!} GO ME! Have a happy day! So what are you doing today?

Update:  I just posted a tut for this project here!  Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my holy amazing!! Um will you make me one please? My stinker would love this idea.. he is always sad when he has to part with one of his fav t- shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project. I'm passing you on the Versatile Blogger Award

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and I'm already thinking of doing one just with my sons team shirts from little league and other sports teams that he's been on. Thanks for the inspiration! Now following! Please stop by- I'm giving away a pet portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JENNIE!!!! I am inspired! I have been saving sports shirts and his other favorite shirts for about 2 years now to do this SAME thing! AND NOW I am totally going to do it! Thank You!!!!Totally DARN cute and easy right? It turned out adorable! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest quilt ever! I love the way you recycled these old shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out so nice, so so nice. I have to do one for each of my boys and my nephews. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, now to find the time to make one!

    Glad you liked the porch hanger, I'm quite happy with it.

    Check Out- Cheap Like A Birdie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this...and have the t-shirts for it....but how did you make it???? Can you send me a tutorial or link that would help....I love the frayed edges.....Thanks so much
    BTW...found you on Pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instructions? I love the frayed seams. Do you use interfacing...or batting?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite