Thursday, May 5, 2011

More yummers

I found another recipe for you all to try! I already tried it... WATCH OUT, they are YUMMERS!

Meet your new best friend:

Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars



Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home

Ingredients
3/4 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
4 cups miniature marshmallows

TOPPING:
1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup PEANUT BUTTER
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups crisp rice cereal
Directions
In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts if desired. Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer. Remove to a wire rack. Using a knife dipped in water, spread the melted marshmallows evenly over top. Cool completely.
For topping, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over bars immediately. Chill. Yield: about 3 dozen.

Enjoy your yummer bars!

5 comments:

  1. You are not helping my waist line..oh wait..I don't have one! haha! Okay so you really need to unblock your email address to your blogger so I can contact via email girlie!

    I got the guitar hangers from a local music shop they are awesome. What signs did you want to know where I got them from? Happy to help you out but need to know which ones. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy...here is a good tutorial from House of Smith.

    http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html

    Now when you leave a comment..people, especially me can email directly instead of coming here! :)

    The poster I got from here:
    http://www.theposterlist.com/Together-We-So-Rock-Poster-Red.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! I want to eat 2 dozen of them! I should have my kiddos make them for mama's day
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa, you look like so much fun in every photo! I love it! Stinkin HUGE guns, Jennie- I want arms like yours! Gonna have to try it. I love everything bad for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlies - I have to admit - when I think about the next workout - in T-11 hours, I have a bit of a pit in my tummy-o! I already am nervous!!! Help! If I don't show up you'll know that I'm in the fetal position on my couch watching cartoons with A.J.! jk - I'll be there baby!!! These pics rock! I sent them to my sisters and friends in Utah to prove that I have some friends in Apple Valley now! ha ha. ps - Jennie - STOP the great baked goodies!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! My arms will forever flap in the wind if you don't STOPPPPP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite