Saturday, June 4, 2011

Scoreboard Tutorial

Hey guys! Can I just Thank you?! Oh yeah, this is MY blog so THANK YOU! Your comments make me SO happy. I LOVE knowing someone is actually out there reading my posts.

I'm back with the Scoreboard Valance. I had TWO fabulous people request a tutorial. I'm taking that as ALL of you are just DYING to get the tut for this thing. Heehee! Kidding:)

What I used:

Fencing wood
1 2x4
Some drywall anchors
lots of screws
paint
stencils cut out

I first drilled some pilot holes into the 2x4 and attached it to the wall above the window with long screws and my drywall anchors. Then, I cut all my fence wood so it was long enough to just cover the top of the window.


Next I attached all my fence wood to the 2x4 with screws.
Then the fun part. Paint! I painted it all green..


 Once it dried I taped my stencils to the wood to see where I wanted to put everything.
Then with a small amount of paint on the brush,  I pounced my brush over the stencil. 


Last, I went around sanding all the edges and all the stenciled letters. ALL DONE!

 That's it.  It was EASY!  Let me know if I forgot anything.


Thanks again for being here! Oh, let me know if you decide to make your own Scoreboard valance. I would love to see it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite