Friday, November 11, 2011

Activity Day {Suitness} #2

As I mentioned in one of my past posts, I am now the Activity Day leader in my ward.  It's going really well and I just LOVE these girlies. 

This month is Thanksgiving,
Duh, I know!!
I wanted to focus on how thankful I was for these girlies.  
This activity was called

 "Thanks for being {YOU}!"



As the girls arrived,

I had the girls think of someone who they admire and name some of the qualities they liked in that person. 


I then had them write a Thank You to that person.
I also explained that we should try to live in a way that others are grateful
for who we are.

I found these cute cards and fun colored pens all at Dollar Tree. 
WOOO HOOOO!!

Activity:

Be {YOU} tiful Mirrors


I found these mirrors at....DOLLAR TREEEEEE!!
I cut the vinyl out with my cricut and had it all ready ahead of time.

I put their names on the back and had the girls pass them around and write a quality that they admired in that person on the mirror with a dry erase marker.

As they were writing I told them about how fabulous they were, just the way they are.  I told them they were beatiful just the way Heavenly Father made them. 
 I also told them to NEVER try to be some they aren't. 
Be{YOU}tiful!!! 

Treat/Object Lesson:

Ice Cream Sunday's with ALL the works.
(I saw this somewhere, can't remember :/  if this is your idea please let me know :))

I had each girl pick ONE topping.
Then, I gave them a spoon and said,
" All righty, dig in! ENJOY!!"
They looked at me like I was CrAzY!!
Where's the ice cream? 
We only have one topping and now you're not going to give us any ice cream?!
Some would say,
 "We can only do ONE topping?"
I then explained how this one topping is yummy all alone.  
But, it is even BETTER with lots of other yummy stuff.  
Each topping has something wonderful to offer to the Sunday. 
Just like us.
 Individually, we are wonderful.  
We each have our special qualities and talents that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with. 
When we share these and put them all together,
We are DELICIOUS!!

We should be grateful for what Heavenly Father has given us to be able to bless others.
We also need to let other people know we are grateful for who they are! 

Then, I let them go to town on the Sunday toppings!!!

 Craft:

While the girls were busy with their sundays,
I helped each girl hot glue a flower together out of fabric.

They then glued it to their mirror.

Some girls went all out! 
While they were waiting for their rides home,
 they enjoyed my bag of buttons and blingafied thier mirrors big time. 
LOVE THAT!!

  Let me know if you have any questions. 
ENJOY!!








3 comments:

  1. I bet your girls love having you - they are super lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the idea! I love it and so will my girls!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite