Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday {Suite} on YOU #1

I'm SO excited for Saturdays.
Wanna know why???
YES,
 I LOVE spending time with my family and just chillin' for the day!
BUT,
I'm TOTALLY excited about the new Saturday "{SUITE} on YOU"
 that is starting up TODAY!!!
YAY!!

I'm hoping to be posting all about YOU, my dearest bloggy friends.

One thing,
I REALLY need your help!!

  • Have you crafted something up that was inspired by a project you saw right here?  Send me a link to your blog post so I can see!!
I will post it here for all our {suite} bloggy friends to see.

  • Do you want to guest post????
PLEASE!!! 
( Kinda desperate, I know!)
I would love to have a post all about YOU and a tutorial that you want to share with the rest of us. 

Doesn't that sound fun??
Please contact me if you are interested :)
Thanks.

Now on to the first ever

{Suite} on YOU

You have all been so wonderful with you comments and emails on the ever popular T-shirt Quilt post.
I didn't realize I wasn't the only hoarder that keeps old tee shirts for FOR.E.V.E.R.

Thanks for being so FABULOUS!!
 I LOVE sharing. 
Thanks for letting me and for loving me too. 

When you comment I always try to track you down
 so I can give you a BIG fat thank you. 
Oh yeah, I know where you ALL live!! Heeheee!!
KIDDING!
I went to go and thanks Miss Sarah and found this....

in comes the singing angels, who happen to be floating in the sky.
Can you hear them?  Heeeheeeee!!

It was so amazing to see. 
My first thought was,
 HOLD UP!!! 
 She jacked my Shirt Quilt!!" 
NO, just kidding.
There it was, my little day dream that I loved and created and finally shared with all of you.
Now, here it was all ready to be a gift to someone else.
WOW, the gift that keeps giving.  AMAZING!!!

She did SUCH a beautiful job. 



Don't ya think?? 
Miss Sarah!! Thanks for letting me share this.  You ROCK!!

Remember, life ain't too {SUITE) without YOU!

Send me your stuff!!!




 




 



 


12 comments:

  1. eeeeeee! oh my word you just made my night ;-)

    seriously.

    i am such a newbie when it comes to sewing and can't tell you how thrilled i was when i found your uber awesome tutorial on pinterest!

    thank you again for sharing it!

    my boy's bed would still have a faded spider man quilt (instead of the lovely handmade quilt he now has) if it wasn't for you!

    thanks so much for the shout out.

    but really it's you who should get all the credit :)

    THANK YOU JENNIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there t shirts on the front and back? Is there something in the middle? If so, why don't you see the middle layer with the fringe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debbie! There ARE shirts on the front and back. I used flannel in the middle. You can kinda see the flannel on mine. If you want to see the tut for it...here's the link:
      http://cinnaberry-suite.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-shirt-quilt-tut.html?showComment=1327685160439#c1940030709031624510

      Let me know if you have any more questions :)

      Delete
    2. Uggghh..Sorry, not sure where I found that link!!
      Here it is:

      http://cinnaberry-suite.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-shirt-quilt-tut.html

      Delete
  3. GREAT job! SO, how many tshirts did that end up being?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,
      GREAT question...heeeheee!!! I had to go count:))
      I ended up sewing together 36 squares. (Not sure how many Miss Sara up there used???). Some of the squares are t-shirts and others are old twill school pants. Each square is ONE shirt. SO, to make a long story short, if you want to make a quilt the same size as mine, you will need 36 shirts!! I'm still adding to my sons. I want it to be able to eventually fit his double bed!! Thanks again for asking :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Can you show a picture of the backside? I am thinking of making it double sided with t-shirts because I have so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE!!! I will get right on it. The one pictured above was made by Sara from Simply Sara. Mine you can find here:
      http://cinnaberry-suite.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-shirt-quilt-tut.html
      I will update the post with the picture of the back right away :)
      Thanks for being here!!!

      Delete
  5. Can you post a picture of the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! The post will be updated shortly with a picture of the back. Thanks for asking :))
      The post can be found here:

      http://cinnaberry-suite.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-shirt-quilt-tut.html

      Happy day to ya, Debbie!!

      Delete
  6. Thoughts on what color thread works best for the X on each square? Have you ever used varied colors for each X?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie!!! :)) I used white thread. Varied would be super fancy!!! I like that idea. Please share it when you finish. I'd love to see what you come up with!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite