Monday, April 2, 2012

Project: Cover The Nasty Beast

Hey to all my {Suite} peeps!!

Hold on to them hats and glasses...
I'm about to show you some SCARY MADNESS!!
My little Soph's room.
It WAS a scary sight about a month ago.
Here's the before....GASP!!! I heard it!
I KNOW!! SO SAD!
I'm just happy no one was injured going in or out of the room. 
IT.WAS. BAD!
Lack of organization, room and WAY too much stuff caused some major chaos up in here!!
You know I'm all about being real.
Now that it feels like I totally showed you my nasty laundry,
I'm here to share my first project. 

Project: Cover The Nasty Beast!!!


When we bought this house the previous owner added an addition to the front of the house. 
They bumped out the bedroom window and made it into a bay window area. 
I LOVE the windows.
Problem is "The Nasty Beast" ugly beams, were left exposed as you can see in the picture above.
They just didn't do a very good job blending the addition with the rest of the room.

WELL,
This girl isn't afraid of any old nasty beast!!
Watch out!! 
If you check out my pinboards on Pinterest you will see that I've pinned lots of Cupcake shops for inspiration. 
That's when this new cupcake shop area of my little girlies room was born. 


Here's a sneak peek of what it looks like now.

My love for fencing came in handy here. 
 I just cut each board so they were long enough to cover The NASTY BEAST. 
I painted them pink and white and attached them right to the beam itself with wood screws. 
Ouch, that had to hurt.... bwahhhahhhaa!!

Every cupcake shop needs a sign. 
I used my cricut and cut out the words on the sign in white vinyl. 
This one says, Sophie's Sweet Cakes Co.
I added a cupcake doodle in place of  all the "O"'s.

It already looks so much better.

Project :Cover the Nasty Beast accomplished!!

Next up:

Project: Old Cupboard turned Cupcake Kitchen

See you soon!!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks so cute! What a great idea. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute!! I'm seriously so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2012 Cinnaberry Suite